Pages

Thursday, July 13, 2023

A Rainy Day at Angrignon Park

I found a beautiful park at the end of a metro line in Montreal on my last day there on a trip with my son in 2019. He was tired from the previous week of walking and seeing so many great things in Ontario and Quebec that he just wanted to sleep. So I set out to explore the city on my own even though I was tired too and my feet were tired of me. I always like visiting parks and enjoying nature so this was a good last walk to have on what I now look back on as a very special trip. 

As I walked through the park the cloudy skies began to mist here and there occasionally dropping a soft rain, but never pouring or getting dark. When I came upon this scene, I knew I would paint it. 

 It is a precious memory, in the form of oil on canvas. 

This piece is on display at the Cotton Mill in McKinney Texas until August 19, 2023. 

No comments:

Post a Comment