Pages

Monday, July 17, 2023

The Berry Farm

When my kids were younger, we would go to a blueberry farm in east Texas around the 4th of July and spend the day picking baskets full of berries, eating blueberry frozen yogurt, and blueberry pie, and drinking of course, blueberry lemonade. The cold treats in the shade were a welcome break from the oppressive Texas summer heat and sun. 

They were good days and we would return home with around a year's supply of blueberries that would be made into pancakes, frozen, or made into some other delightful concoction. 

Those days are long gone but they still make for some really good memories. 


This is one of my favorite landscapes that I have painted. It is oil on canvas roughly based on a photo I had taken at the farm. 

This piece is on display at the Cotton Mill in McKinney Texas until August 19, 2023.

1 comment:

  1. This is my favorite 💛 and now I want blueberry pancakes. - Anonymous/ aka sexy beast/ aka hot mess

    ReplyDelete